Join our team in Washington, D.C. to help us civilize inner city logistics
Schlep CitySmart Logistics, LLC is a start-up dedicated to providing our customers with eco-friendly cargo delivery, advertising and promotions, topped off with unparalleled professionalism and customer service. We are on a quest to improve upon inner city logistics by employing a fleet of electric-assist cargo tricycles to replace large, carbon fuel-powered delivery trucks, vans and cars within DC’s urban core.
Schlep is looking for a few good Jacks/Jills of all trades to join our team and help us launch our business. This will entail spending a good portion of your time riding our trikes and making deliveries, as well as marketing the products/services of both Schlep and our customers. You will also be required to promote our services to potential clients in face-to-face meetings.
Applicants must have a professional appearance, be friendly, open-minded, reliable, motivated and excited to learn everything about inner city logistics/advertising and promotions.
WHY WORK FOR SCHLEP?
- Opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a cool, green-oriented start up
- $14 per hour starting base pay, plus tips
- Career advancement opportunities – we will promote from within
- Tenure based pay raises and annual bonuses
- Part-time W-2 employee, so employer taxes are covered
- Ample opportunity to work outdoors and get fresh air
- Getting into great shape while you work
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- An ebullient, enthusiastic and friendly personality
- A clean, professional appearance
- Confidence riding bicycles in a city environment – knowledge of traffic laws
- A GPS enabled smartphone
- Ability to read a map, pedal and chew gum at the same time
- Physical stamina to ride bicycles for a full shift and carry packages of up to 40 lbs
- Ability to work flexible shifts, including some evenings and weekends
- Minimum of 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license
- Sales, marketing and/or customer service experience
- Ability to work hard, smart and independently
- Willingness to Schlep around in adverse weather conditions